Monday, November 13, 2006

The Straight and Narrow

There aren't enough hours in the day, it is true. I don't think our program was designed with actual people in mind, rather machines who need not rest. A few more sketches.
Apparently I look Polish. My ancestry can be traced back to the Free City of Danzig, which is now Gdansk, and part of Poland. It was German back before and during WWII, though. My Grandmother spoke German and was raised with German traditions. Anybody else get a visit from St. Nicholas on Dec 6th? As per tradition, us kids used to leave our shoes by our bedroom doors, and if we were good, he'd leave candy. If we were bad... I usually got coal. I didn't mind though, it was fun to burn anything back then!
I watched a film on Ralph Steadman, on his process work when he was creating the Leonardo bio. He is inspiringly confident in his work, he quite relishes the element of chance. So I drew a loosely Leo-inspired charicature in response.
And hands. Love hands.

No comments: